Information on sexual health services available in Northumberland.
Support available for sexual health
In Northumberland you can access a free and confidential service that provides:
- Community contraception.
- Long-Acting Reversible Contraception (LARC).
- Emergency Hormonal Contraception (EHC).
- Community Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) diagnosis and treatment.
- Targeted Sexual Health Promotion and HIV prevention.
- Free condom scheme (C-Card scheme).
- Sexual health aspects of psychosexual counselling.
Sexual health and wellbeing affects most people’s lives at some point
It is crucial that people are supported to make the right choices.
Good sexual health matters to individuals and communities. Sexual health needs will vary according to factors such as:
- sexual orientation
There are certain core needs common to everyone. This includes high-quality information and education. This enables people to make informed responsible decisions. It also enables access to high-quality services, treatment and interventions.
Sexual health requires a positive and respectful approach to sexuality and sexual relationships. This includes the possibility of having pleasurable and safe sexual experiences, free of:
For sexual health to be attained and maintained, the sexual rights of all persons must be: